Witch Hunters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Er, well... Valentines day is coming up, right?

Go down

Er, well... Valentines day is coming up, right? Empty Er, well... Valentines day is coming up, right?

Post by Areos Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:18 am

I felt like posting following story, I read about some kind of valentines day writing contest and felt like writing something even though i'm not a member around there.
Well, you can ignore this, just had the urge to at least distribute it.

Snowy decend
for musical undertone here and here something to listen to

Yeah, i know, it's freezing cold. But it's not like i can't take it, or that I realy endanger myself of getting a cold or something, I don't come here very often anyways. Well, at least not at this time or these Circustances.

I hear the crunching below my feet, i know its deep into January already, but even here the snow should start dispappearing already. I mean, Christmas is over, other than for christmas snow is only good for romantic couples. It might or might not be mentionable i'm not in a relationship, i think it comes from not being a ladies man. And ofcourse that works perfectly with moving around several times and thus losing the possibility of getting into the 'childhood friend to lovers' relationship.

"Curseth thou be-est, thou cruel fate,thou!" i have to chuckle, yeah, if someone were to see or hear me that'd possibly be rather akward right now. Oh well. It's past 1 am, its safe to assume people aint gonna walk around here. I mean, this place is devoid of life around this hour, its a simple swiss town popular among tourist in summer. (Do I have to mention I like winter and the fact i'm on the side of the river where people are living instead of cluttering the streets to make photos of old lame buildings?)

I don't come here often though, it's just about a hundred meters to walk from my house, but I hate looking like a melancholic person for going out each day around this time to sit at the silent river and watch stars or clouds while opening my heart to - ...

... um, yeah, that probably makes me one anyway. It's just that I dislike loud noise and partying, I prefer the serenity once in a while. Besides, this place realy IS devoid of life, especialy young lives. And driving somewhere to drink with the snow still around is kinda suicidal i admit.

Though I realy like it, I should come more often. It's basicly a path going along the riverside. A large patch of grass and some steps leading down to the river - it's rather low on water right now. It's crowded in summer, since people like to take a swim or mount their boats here. It's about 25 meters, no, possibly 30 or meters wide. theres houses all around otherwise, i guess its made for the tourists that like to take a stroll through the area to catch a glimpse at the water without falling into the pier on the other side of the river.

Geez, it realy is cold, i can tell by the large clouds of hot air being shot out of my lungs. I like my winter jacket, its warm, but it does - not - counter the cold if i just wear a T-shirt below. mental note: don't do that moron.

Dismissing my thoughts and letting my mind flow with the stream of the water echoing its sounds in the freezing air, I walk down the last steps just 2-3 till I'd reach the water surface, seating myself. Serenity has its downside, it makes one slow and calms you down enough one could fall asleep. Along with the cold that wouldn't be the best of choices right now.

I lean back, the stairs kinda poke my back, like i'll fall asleep like that. A few moments i gaze at the starts between the clouds in the skies, before shutting my eyes to feel the breeze, it's nice. No, i realy shouldn't stay like that. I force myself back into sitting but keep my eyes shut.

okay, time to do weird stuff again;

"I bet doing this nominates me for being mad, especialy since its nonsense." i take a breath. "I mean, telling stuff to no living soul and asking stuff even though you wouldn't get any answers. It's nonsense asking questions if nobody can answer to you except yourself, especialy if you already know the answer." I chuckle a little. Yeah, weird.

"I wonder why I allways come here." yeah, thats the part where i move my lips and answer to myself.
"Because it's nice being here. I personaly like the peace." my lips speak.
"Yup, the peacefulness. I bet this would make a romantic place for couples."
"Then again, that only works if you're not alone."
"... why am I alone." i ask. It's the question making the mood drop, but it'S what i'd like to know.Even while i know the answer.
"...It's because there's nobody else around. If one allways stays in place, one won't meet people." thats my reason.
"... I wonder how it works. loving, being together as a couple, kissing." What an odd thing to say to oneself, isn't it.
"I'd love to know." ofcourse i can't answer that. I never had the chance to. but... "let's try it."
I tilt my head sideways, a funny look printed on my face. "you know, this is a realy weird thing to say to mys-" ... wait, what?...

"!" whats...

My lips, they felt like they had come in touch with a velvety substance. smooth, yet cold, but more surprising than the feeling on my lips was the girl having wrestled me down after connecting us with a kiss. She had closed her eyes, while mine were widespread. It was a simple kiss, something one could easily return, one would automatically return. Thus I did. But I still could not comprehend just what was going on.

She broke the kiss, opening her eyes and moving away from my face a little. It was mesmerizing. Had she been there all along? on second thought, wasn't it her answering to me? With her bend over me like that, and the moonlight working together with the damaged streetlamp further down the road, she realy looked like those ghost-women from japanese mythology. Yuki Onna. It probably realy was the light, but her skin was pure as snow, and her hair possibly would be shining moonlit white if it werent from the streetlantern.

"You... you're beautiful..." maybe it was cliché, but she was...
"w-why, thank you."
"did we... just kiss?" as i finished my sentence i could see her frown a little.
"yes... yet, this is only a dream."
"A dream?"
"Nothing more than an illusion while we sleep. While you sleep..."
"But... why does it feel so real?"
"..." she was silent, maybe she didn't know the answer either...

"would you please wake up?"
"huh?" with that she closed up on my face again, i could feel myself moving forward and my eyes closing on reflex because my body had already understood while my mind was frozen in place.

- ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ -

My hands are like iceblocks - and my whole body is as if i had abandoned all the warmth of ... well. My body shudders from the realisation - this just now realy was a dream! I fell asleep while lying on the steps leading into a river at somewhere past 1 am and around -5°C or something. Am I stupid or what?

"I should go home for today." I jump up shaking from the cold embrace of winter, taking up the steps and leading to the path back home, before i can walk away again though...

"Thank you for waking me... okay, this realy sounded akward now... But if there were someone i'd like to thank you." reluctantly i added another line. "And I would like to meet her again."

Leaving those words behind i take my leave, i realy dont know if there ever was someone or if i'm weak to having realy akward but nice dreams. I can tell something happened i cannnot explain with normal logic, it just doesnt work that way with these kinds of Expiriences. Thats why I'll return tommorow. Even if it's just imagination, i'd like to imagine it again... no... i'd like to remember her again...

- ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ -

Memories are a cruel thing, they make you put trust and hope in the future, wether they speak of ones demise or of warmth. Yet Questions allways remain.

"It's nonsense asking questions if nobody can answer to you. So this may be kind of akward, but I'd like to know: why did I not make him stay with me? why did I save him?"

You're right, the answer is even crueler if you already know it...

"Because I fell in love with you..." I can't help but smile as I see him turn around the corner and out of my sight. Even if there is no living soul here, he will come. And I'll be waiting for him.
Areos
Areos
Emperor

Power Level : 4187

Character sheet
Mana:
Er, well... Valentines day is coming up, right? Left_bar_bleue470/550Er, well... Valentines day is coming up, right? Empty_bar_bleue  (470/550)
Health:
Er, well... Valentines day is coming up, right? Left_bar_bleue430/650Er, well... Valentines day is coming up, right? Empty_bar_bleue  (430/650)
Cash: 100 kyi

https://witchhunt.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum