Witch Hunters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ryuuma's Techniques

2 posters

Go down

Ryuuma's Techniques Empty Ryuuma's Techniques

Post by Ryuuma Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:25 pm

Swift Dragon Style

Name: Iaidoo Mastery (Special)
Description: Iaidoo is an art associated with the smooth, controlled movements of drawing the sword from its scabbard, striking or cutting an opponent, removing blood from the blade, and then replacing the sword in the scabbard. Ryuuma has mastered this skill to the point where the strength of his offensive abilities are greatly increased when used with a Draw. Skills that would normally cause Low to medium damage will double in strength, however attacks that are already of great power (High - Very High Damage) Will only receive a minimal increase in damage which makes using this technique on a high damage technique pointless.
Mana Cost: + 20 MP to an offensive (Medium Damage) technique when performed with a draw.
Health Deduction: Varies depending on the associated tech.

Name: Swift Dragon Style - Wrath
Description: Ryuuma puts an excessive amount of force in to his swing, and controls the exact angle of his blade which allows him to turn the air which is displaced by his sword in to a weapon and strike objects at a distance of seven meters. The power behind these air waves reflect the strength of Ryuuma's usual sword swings and because these attacks are made of air, the dimensions of the strike reflect the dimensions of his swing and they can only be blocked by other forms of air attacks or broad defenses such as walls of stone.
Mana Cost: 20 MP per wave
Health Deduction: Medium

Name: Swift Dragon Style - Mercy
Description: Ryuuma is a master swordsman and makes good use of his skill. Using the same principle as Wrath, Ryuuma lunges his blade forward focusing the displacement of air in to a smaller area greatly increasing its speed, power, range and accuracy. The piercing power of this attack could potentially pierce through the trunk of two hardwood trees.
Mana Cost: 25 MP Per strike

Name: Swift Dragon Style - Judgment
Description: Using both Hyoujin and Hakujin, Ryuuma combines the strength of two "Wrath" waves to form one much more powerful attack that is double the strength and can travel twice its original distance. The two waves of air clash as they travel forward creating a sort of funnel that is about three and a half feet in diameter.
Mana Cost: 45 MP
Health Deduction: Medium - High

Name: Swift Dragon Style - Fury
Description: Using both Hakujin & Hyoujin, Ryuuma spins in place launching a volley of wind blades in all directions. He spins only momentarily and cannot maintain the spin for more than two seconds. The wind blades that are launched in all directions travel only ten feet before dissipating. This spell can also be used as a defensive maneuver to repel multiple attacks.
Mana Cost: 35 MP
Health Deduction: Medium - high

Name: Air Walk
Description: Ryuuma applies the same principles as the Swift Dragon Styles to his feet, and quickly kicks off the ground which compresses the air below his feet causing it to explode after compression launching him from his original position at high speeds. This technique allows him to swiftly move throughout the battle field and dodge large attacks that would otherwise be unavoidable. Due to the strain this ability puts on the users legs, this technique should not be overused for the risk of cracking the bones in the users leg.
Mana Cost: 10 MP per step.
Health Deduction: N/A

Hakujin Techniques

Name: Soul Shattering Strike
Description: Making good use of Hakujin's Diamond hard blade, Ryuuma swings his sword with all his might allowing him to cut through hard substances such as stone or even steel. Swift Dragon Style - Wrath can be used in combination with this technique to extend its range, allowing him to cut through more massive defenses, such as castle walls or gates. This technique is mainly used for disarming his opponents or cutting though tough defenses that otherwise seem impenetrable. Natural substances that are not empowered by magic will not withstand this attack, however spells that amplify the durability of a substance that use a greater amount of MP used in this technique will required multiple strikes to break through, depending on difference in MP.
Mana Cost: 20 MP ( 40 MP with Wrath )

Name: Diamond Reflection
Description: One of Ryuuma's simpler techniques that is basically a mana enhanced parry. It basically allows Ryuuma to reflect the force of a physical attack which cancels the attacks movement, and simultaneously amplifying the reflected force with the natural force of his regular swing allowing Ryuuma to deflect any solid attack that befalls him. This technique cannot be used on soft materials such as wood or flesh and can only be used on solid, metallic materials. If used against a technique that uses a mana cost equal to or lower than this technique, it will simply cancel the strength of the technique and not deflect the attack.
Mana Cost: 10 MP. (5 MP for every 5 small projectiles such as arrows.)

Name: Izanami's Blessing (Passive)
Description: Izanami, the creator of the blade placed a spell upon the sword that would forever protect the wielder. This spell causes the blade to dull in the hands any other than the hands of a member of the Doragon family. The blades own desire to ensure its masters survival will grant its master +10 MP per post.
Mana Cost: N/A

Hyoujin Techniques

Name: Ameterasu's Embrace
Description: Through Hyoujin, Ryuuma is able to form a spiritual connection to Ameterasu, the Goddess of the Sun. This is a technique that upon activation causes Hyoujin's blade to become extremely hot. The heat emitted from the blade is enough to sear flesh, which would cauterize the wounds afflicted, making the wounds extremely difficult to heal during combat The swords heat reaches temperatures high enough to also ignite flames on to whatever it touches. Since Ryuuma is the one who is forming the link with Ameterasu, the flames will not harm him, however the fire does not discriminate between friend or foe making it a danger to all those around him. The flames ignited by the sword of Ameterasu also have the unique ability to burn through magical structures, giving him a great advantage over those who use defensive spells. Magic will burn as quickly as any normal substance burns and is not instantaneous. The amount of magic poured in to the substance does not make a difference in how long it takes for the flames to burn through, however the thickness of the magical structure will.
Mana Cost: 10 MP per post.
Health Deduction: Low - Medium

Name: Ameterasu - Swift Dragon Style
Description: By adding flames to the Swift Dragon Style attacks, Ryuuma can create deadly fire based attacks that burn everything in their paths. The attacks themselves expand in volume and ferocity, however they loose their cutting edge and are used solely to burn. Ameterasu's Embrace must be active in order to apply flames to the Swift Dragon Style's techniques.
Mana Cost: +10 MP to the Swift Dragon Style Ameterasu's power is combined with.
Health Deduction: Medium - High

Name: Tsukiyomi's Touch
Description: Through Hyoujin, Ryuuma is able to form a spiritual connection to the God Tsukiyomi, the God of the Moon. Upon activation, the blade of Hyoujin emits a cool mist that causes the blade itself to become somewhat reflective. The mist grants the user minor manipulation over illusion. This mist passively identifies areas on the wielders body that are in pain and numb that pain while leaving ones sense of touch in tact. This allows Ryuuma to fight as if his body were unharmed. This however is a double edged sword. Pain is a defense mechanism of the body that lets the mind know that certain areas of the body should be protected and not used as freely as one would like, however numbing that pain could cause the wielder to cause himself serious harm.
Mana Cost: 10 MP per post

Name: Tsukiyomi - Swift Dragon Style
Description: When Ryuuma combines Tsukiyomi's power with the Swift Dragon Style, his attacks appear to be blades of glass. These blades, lose all of their destructive power, however they gain a couple of handy effects. If an opponent should be struck by one of these blades, they would experience double the amount of pain that they would normally sustain from taking a normal attack of the Swift Dragon Style, however their body will be completely unharmed. These attacks cause severe mental damage which could have several effects on the human body, such as increased hear rate, exhaustion and sometimes cause his opponent to loose consciousness. Tsukiyomi's Touch must be active to combine its power with the Swift Dragon Style.
Mana Cost: +10 MP to the Swift Dragon Style attack Tsukiyomi's power is combined with.
Health Deduction: Low - Medium

Name: Tsukiyomi's blade of Truth (True Clarity)
Description: If Ryuuma should become aware of an opponents illusion and if Tsukiyomi's touch is active, Ryuuma would have the option of cutting through the Illusion. This ability can not be combined with the Swift Dragon Style and is restricted to the blades natural length, however Illusions cut by the sword will be obliterated wholly.
Mana Cost: 25 MP

Name: Susanoo's Fury
Description: Through Hyoujin, Ryuuma is able to form a spiritual connection with Susanoo, the God of Storms. Upon activation, Hyoujin becomes wreathed in lightning. This lightning is quite devastating and greatly increases the cutting power of the blade, allowing it to cut through stone or steel as if it were paper as well as electrifying everything it touches.
Mana Cost: 20 MP per post.

Name: Susanoo - Swift Dragon Style
Description: When Ryuuma combines Susanoo's power with the Swift Dragon Style, his attacks simply become lightning bolts that vary in strength depending on which of the Styles he combines it with. Susanoo's Fury must be active for this technique to work.
Mana Cost: +35 MP to the Swift Dragon Style Susanoo's power is combined with.
Health Deduction: Medium - high

Note: Techniques listed under Swift Dragon Style can be used with both Hakujin and Hyoujin both individually & together. Techniques listed under either Hyoujin or Hakujin can be used only by the weapons they are listed under.

Last edited by Ryuuma on Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:56 pm; edited 6 times in total
Ryuuma
Ryuuma
A-Rank (Black)

Power Level : 1250

Character sheet
Mana:
Ryuuma's Techniques Left_bar_bleue430/500Ryuuma's Techniques Empty_bar_bleue  (430/500)
Health:
Ryuuma's Techniques Left_bar_bleue600/700Ryuuma's Techniques Empty_bar_bleue  (600/700)
Cash: 0

Back to top Go down

Ryuuma's Techniques Empty Re: Ryuuma's Techniques

Post by Ryuuma Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:29 pm

I think I'm ready to be reviewed.
Ryuuma
Ryuuma
A-Rank (Black)

Character sheet
Mana:
Ryuuma's Techniques Left_bar_bleue430/500Ryuuma's Techniques Empty_bar_bleue  (430/500)
Health:
Ryuuma's Techniques Left_bar_bleue600/700Ryuuma's Techniques Empty_bar_bleue  (600/700)

Back to top Go down

Post by Areos Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:33 pm

Ok, here we go: I'll write down those that might need a little rework, the rest is probably entirely okay.

Iaidoo Mastery (Special) - doubling damage would mean rising one stage (for my interpretation). I'd say skills of "high" damage and above wont work with this, medium attacks might be increased to 20-30 mana cost addition.

Name: Swift Dragon Style - Judgment - considering it can deal high damage, i'd raise the cost to something around 35 - 65, I'd go for 45 since its not that easy to aim with (range allows reaction time, ranged attacks in close range dont work too well).

Name: Air Walk - no real critique, it can stay like that, i just feel like mentioning that you shouldn't evade far too often, we had cases of people evading stuff they should not have been able to just cause they're fast.

Name: Soul Shattering Strike - remember, not all shields will get penetrated, it'd count as an auto-hit move like that. Certain magical barriers or substances might withstand it, even though they will most likely be quite rare.

Name: Diamond Reflection - once again a reminder, a strengthened ranged attack will take multiple 'charges' to block. In addition you might want to try and not evade each and every ranged attack fired at you like that, but since i have the feeling you're a good RPer, you probably will have a few arrows go through if its like ... 60 of them flying at you at once.

Name: Ameterasu's Embrace
- entirely preventing from healing might be a little much, maybe take longer to regenerate and harder to heal (thus weakening healing spells used on that area).

other than that, everything is fine I guess. Realy like the ideas, quite a few are actually threatening to my chars aswell.
(°3°)

Areos
Areos
Emperor

Power Level : 4187

Character sheet
Mana:
Ryuuma's Techniques Left_bar_bleue470/550Ryuuma's Techniques Empty_bar_bleue  (470/550)
Health:
Ryuuma's Techniques Left_bar_bleue430/650Ryuuma's Techniques Empty_bar_bleue  (430/650)
Cash: 100 kyi

https://witchhunt.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryuuma Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:34 pm

Alright, I made some edits to suit your needs.

Iaidoo mastery, despite being a special move will only be effective when using it in combination with a Medium damage technique.

Increased MP cost of judgment to 45, and also gave a small description of its dimensions that I forgot to add.

Air walk puts strain on the users legs so using it consecutively could potentially break the users leg.

I gave SSS a more in depth description of what its able to penetrate, hope its to your liking.

Didn't change Diamond Reflection... and if I had something like 60 arrows coming straight for me I wouldn't even try blocking them all I'd try and get the hell out of their way if I was able.

lastly I gave a better description of the wounds one would receive from Ameterasu's Embrace.
Ryuuma
Ryuuma
A-Rank (Black)

Character sheet
Mana:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down