Witch Hunters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Similar topics

Time Skip?

3 posters

Go down

Time Skip? Empty Time Skip?

Post by Ryuuma Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:57 pm

I was thinking of a way to boost members activity. A time skip of about two to five years would allow members to revamp and remodel their characters which is always a good thing. I sometimes get bored of RPing the same character for long periods of time unless its a character I really really like. You could allow members to re-create their techniques, revamp their character sheets however they see fit and maybe even give everyone a bonus to their stats or power levels. It would be a great way to encourage people to begin RPing again.
Ryuuma
Ryuuma
A-Rank (Black)

Power Level : 1250

Character sheet
Mana:
Time Skip? Left_bar_bleue430/500Time Skip? Empty_bar_bleue  (430/500)
Health:
Time Skip? Left_bar_bleue600/700Time Skip? Empty_bar_bleue  (600/700)
Cash: 0

Back to top Go down

Time Skip? Empty Re: Time Skip?

Post by Areos Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:18 pm

A timeskip, huh?

A power raise, recreate techniques/add new ones, stat bonus.
Frankly, i'm not sure if that realy convinces people to start coming back. The changing of ones character might be a neat idea, but i'm not going to do this under the premise of throwing my time into it and it being for naught because people end up doing a character remake at best.

I'm not dismissing the Idea, but i want people i can trust to back me up on it. Currently we dont even have mods around, just me and Moon. I dont want people yelling "yes we can!" and then jumping off a day after work is finished.

What that means is, i will erase most of the stuff still around and go down to the very basics. Maybe i'll go as far as to create a new site and use Ideas from here to build it up. I'd actually go as far as to expect users to be included in the modeling by taking their ideas into it.
(for example: remodelling the rules and charactersheets, introduce an automatic leveling system, allow high level people, have a skill level for literacy for joining, a new layout and stuff)

As with my first point, i would go through all the work if I get enough backup. It would be like creating a fresh new RP with the knowledge we already have and the opinions of users to adjust it.
Areos
Areos
Emperor

Power Level : 4187

Character sheet
Mana:
Time Skip? Left_bar_bleue470/550Time Skip? Empty_bar_bleue  (470/550)
Health:
Time Skip? Left_bar_bleue430/650Time Skip? Empty_bar_bleue  (430/650)
Cash: 100 kyi

https://witchhunt.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryuuma Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:59 pm

Maybe both? You could revamp the site as well as place the time line several years ahead of what it is now so people could still use their old characters with all of the knowledge and abilities they have and then some. You don't need to give them stat bonuses that was just a suggestion. Just do your revamping and just post an announcement stating that we're RPing several years ahead of this sites present.

P.S: I'm a decent mod if thats one of the main problems.
Ryuuma
Ryuuma
A-Rank (Black)

Power Level : 1250

Character sheet
Mana:
Time Skip? Left_bar_bleue430/500Time Skip? Empty_bar_bleue  (430/500)
Health:
Time Skip? Left_bar_bleue600/700Time Skip? Empty_bar_bleue  (600/700)
Cash: 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Areos Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:48 pm

Apparently it doesnt realy seem like people even bother showing up anymore, so I kind of feel like it's not realy worth it. I wonder if theres actually anybody else beside us two actually checking up on this...

Main problems probably is, that people dont find this site. Witchhunters isnt well known, people dont search for these kind of RPs, even if the idea behind it is good and everything.

Main thing i'd be losing about this site is simply the userbase. Several people are great folks I liked RPing with.
Areos
Areos
Emperor

Power Level : 4187

Character sheet
Mana:
Time Skip? Left_bar_bleue470/550Time Skip? Empty_bar_bleue  (470/550)
Health:
Time Skip? Left_bar_bleue430/650Time Skip? Empty_bar_bleue  (430/650)
Cash: 100 kyi

https://witchhunt.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Moon Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:38 pm

indeed D:
Crimson Moon
Crimson Moon
Emperor

Power Level : 3001

Character sheet
Mana:
Time Skip? Left_bar_bleue565/800Time Skip? Empty_bar_bleue  (565/800)
Health:
Time Skip? Left_bar_bleue185/400Time Skip? Empty_bar_bleue  (185/400)
Cash: 7 kyi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down